Saturday, November 1, 2014

Here and There


You'll find me here and there on this glorious first day of November, my favorite month of the year. I have a project in Issue 2 of fabulous new Make Modern magazine: the Tagalong Pouch which you see above. It's a quick project and one of my favorites. Some of you may remember seeing an early version of this on the blog last year when I made one to hold an electronic Leapfrog toy for Bear's birthday. These pouches are perfect for carrying everything from tablets to library books. Mostly, though, I love picking out the squares for the patchwork on the the front.

Image courtesy of Two Peas & Their Pod

 Today I'm also thrilled to be kicking off Sew Mama Sew's annual Handmade Holidays series with Gifts for the Glamour Girl. There are some really fun ideas in here that will work for your daughter, your best friend, or even yourself, if you should need some spoiling this month. I've also included my favorite recipe for Brown Butter Pumpkin Cupcakes with Salted Caramel frosting which is to die for. Every time I say that now, I can hear Marty Crane on Frasier saying, "Your country's to die for -- food is to eat." But seriously, these are almost that good...

3 comments:

  1. I spotted your project in the Make Modern magazine Heidi - congratulations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - those brown butter pumpkin cupcakes with salted caramel frosting look delicious! Congrats on your Make Modern project (I love it - of course!). I am currently doing battle with some of Kristy's paper pieced Star Wars blocks. I love the Nancy Drew book in your photo (Zoe and I love to collect them) - I don't think we have that one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pouch! How do you work out the sizing? Do you just measure the item and add a certain allowance (and if so what allowance do you use?) I recently made a passport case THREE TIMES before i got the size right...frustrating!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...