Sunday, April 1, 2012

Calendar Girl


When I first saw Retro Girl Calendar Stripe from Yuwa of Japan, I was in love. The fabric sat waiting patiently in my closet for weeks while I tried to come up with a project worthy of it. I wanted something that I could see every day, but that would also be practical. The answer was this little calendar.


I fussy cut all of the sweet calendar girls, alternating them with one of Heather Bailey's Skip Dot prints from her Nicey Jane collection. The two long flaps are Check from Bliss by Bonnie & Camille for Moda, and the back is a Flowers print from Momo's Just Wing It.


I bound the little quilt in my favorite black and white check print from the local Hobby Lobby, where I also picked up the miniature clothespins and numbered game pieces which I glued together for the date markers. I love that this calendar does not involve a million tiny pieces that have to be kept in a separate container and then fished out one at a time (a problem I've had with past versions). Having all the markers clipped onto the bottom makes the daily changing-of-the-date ceremony quick and easy...two words I find hard to resist when it comes to a new project.


Linking up to Sew Modern Monday and Manic Monday.

4 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love the contrast of the binding against the pastels. I really like how you did the game markers, such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi! This is just the best calender I have seen! I love your quilts! Thank you for a great idea! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable - great work :)

    Love for you to share it at my Linky Party - "Made by ME" Wednesdays here: http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/04/made-by-me-25-linky-party-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...